|Monkeys In a Barrel is definitely a classic!|
1. Etch A Sketch: Great for eye hand coordination and artistic endeavors.
2. Brass toys: they last for forever and are literally worth their weight.
3. Globe: No child's life is complete without one of these or at least a map. Geography is underrated.
4. Wooden toys: These are fundamental to the growth process and builds manipulative skills. Also, you can never have too many blocks.
5. Barbie: The whole collection is great. I know they argue the proportion size and all but the Barbie world appeals to both boys and girls' imaginative nature.
6. Legos: Enough said.
7. Rubber duck: These come in all colors and sizes so choose a few and let them quack around during bath time.
8. Stackable or matrioshka style toys: Building and putting things together in order is not only fun but teaches shape relations.
9. Play tents: These are awesome for anytime. There is just something about little kids and play tents. They are easy to fold and put away which is a bonus for parents, too!
10. Tea set: Tea time is not only a time honored tradition but it is a life event so better get those manners ready now.
11. Stuffed toys: collect heaps of these and you will be surprised at how many uses children find for these.
12. Trucks: great for both indoor and outdoor play. The rolling wheels and mechanics of some of these will keep children stimulated all day.
13. Toy box: Buying a large and very good quality toy box that will hold all your children's stuff is priceless.